Should I adjust levels?

May 1, 2015
Kaplan louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I slammed for roughly a week and left for 5 days to go to work. I just got home and tested my pool and the results are below. Should I adjust anything? I did pass an OCLT before I left for work and had dropped my cc from 1 to 0 during the slam. I know the pool needs to be vacuumed and I'll be doing that this morning.

Fc 10.5
Cc 0
Cya 40
Ta 50
Ph 7.2
Ch 50
Image1461586892.211346.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If those test results are from today, you could simply let the FC sink back down to about 5-6. pH could go up slightly to about 7.5 by using some borax which will also increase TA slightly which should good for you right now. Overall looks good.

If that stuff on the floor goes "poof" and disappears when it gets nudged with a brush or vacuum, it's algae, and you're not quite done. Remember, you have to pass all three tests simultaneously to call a SLAM done. Vacuuming up everything and brushing is step one. If the water still looks clear after brushing and no more debris settles out after you're done, that's one; the water is clear. It looks like you've got part two down; low CC. If you pass the overnight test tomorrow morning, that's the third piece of the puzzle.

Assuming you pass all three at the same time, then let the FC drop to 5 or 6. It looks to me like maybe just a little baking soda will fix you up. That'll raise TA and nudge pH just a hair. Over time the pH will rise some more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.