Newbie here!

Apr 24, 2016
Gate City, VA
I bought a house last summer. It came with a old green above ground pool. I think the owner said he put it in around 1999? He was going to tear it down, but I've always wanted a pool, and thought this was a great opportunity to save some money. I knew absolutely nothing about pools. I made so many trips to my local pool supply store that they joked that I should be on the payroll. I finally got it up and running and it looks great! Now I have tons of questions about how to keep it looking good and making some improvements to it. Hope you guys/gals can help! I have uploaded a before and after :)

Attachments

• IMG_20150516_120942421.jpg
    IMG_20150516_120942421.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20150530_190203995.jpg
    IMG_20150530_190203995.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 69
Hello Campgrrl and welcome to TFP :wave:

You have done two great things- made that pool look nice and blue again AND found this site. Look around all you want and please read the ABC's on the home page. If you follow the TFP method your pool will stay crystal clear and although you won't be on the pool store payroll, you will soon stop contributing to their payroll. As Kimkats will tell you, you'll have more cash in your pocket for more fun things.:)

You will find the folks on here very helpful and always here to help. ;) Again Welcome and good job :goodjob:

Thanks for the warm welcome! This forum is full of lots of information!! I have been reading the ABC's on the homepage. I think I might give it a go. While my pool looks good because of the advice of my local pool shop, it would be nice to not have to buy all the expensive chemicals that they say I need when I bring my water in for testing!! Sometimes its a little overwhelming all the additives and time frames. I'm guessing that the pool owner before me used this method when he took care of it, as I found a huge surplus of baking soda and bleach in the garage :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OH Campgrrl you are going to fit right in around here! LOVE it! :hug:

Wait until you see how much money AND time you will save doing it with TFP! You just THINK you water looks good now! wait until you wonder where it went because it is SO clear!

Kim:cat:

Yes it did! Unfortunately after uncovering my pool and topping it off, I am having some plumbing, return line issues and had to drain it below the return again. My issue is I was putting my hoses back on to my piping and must have put to much force on it because now I have cracks in my pvc pipes that are more than a drip. So I got the stuff to replace my plumbing and my return fitting (its leaked ever since I had it). Hopefully this weekend I will have the filter going and will test my water. Didn't figure I should test it now since its just setting there and I'll be adding more water to it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk