Purple Stuff is here...SWG...still slightly green!

NCSalt

Apr 26, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Hi All!

In case you were wondering what's been going on with our pool I figured an update is necessary and also since the Jack's Magic Stuff finally arrived (only one bottle arrived out of two and the stain test kit did not either). But I finally have been exercising POP!

Well, here I am with a 32 ounce bottle of Purple Stuff.....all ready to go but wanted to ask how I should apply it!

The pool looks alot better, only slightly green in deep end, I used some vitamin c on the stains on the fiberglass stairs and the spots I rubbed it on became white (we we know now we have metal in the pool, even though the pool shop tested 0).

It rained alot the last two days, which made me happy, hoping that it will help the CYA.

I have not tested the water today or yesterday for that matter...trying to uphold POP.

Anyone want to chime in, in regards to the Purple Stuff?
Thank you!

Cheerio!!

If you can still see the green color, I would add one entire bottle of Jack's Magic The Purple Stuff by pouring it slowly in front of a return while the pump is running. If my guess is right the green should go away in under an hour. It might also help the stairs.

JasonLion said:
If you can still see the green color, I would add one entire bottle of Jack's Magic The Purple Stuff by pouring it slowly in front of a return while the pump is running. If my guess is right the green should go away in under an hour. It might also help the stairs.

Thank you Jason! I will go ahead and add it now, the rain has stopped and the sun is coming out:)

Im pretty excited, thank you all for your help, after the green is gone it be working on getting the CYA lowered some more!

PS: Today's Readings:
FC (added 20 drops, still pink) so the FC is still high) guess that's what happens with 22 jugs of bleach :hammer:
PH 7.8
Temp 70
Salt 2900
CYA is still average somewhere around 100

Cheerio!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.