Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Purple Stuff is here...SWG...still slightly green!

1. Back To Top    #1

Purple Stuff is here...SWG...still slightly green!

Hi All!

In case you were wondering what's been going on with our pool I figured an update is necessary and also since the Jack's Magic Stuff finally arrived (only one bottle arrived out of two and the stain test kit did not either). But I finally have been exercising POP!

Well, here I am with a 32 ounce bottle of Purple Stuff.....all ready to go but wanted to ask how I should apply it!

The pool looks alot better, only slightly green in deep end, I used some vitamin c on the stains on the fiberglass stairs and the spots I rubbed it on became white (we we know now we have metal in the pool, even though the pool shop tested 0).

It rained alot the last two days, which made me happy, hoping that it will help the CYA.

I have not tested the water today or yesterday for that matter...trying to uphold POP.

Anyone want to chime in, in regards to the Purple Stuff?
    Thank you!

Cheerio!!
    NCSalt! IG - Mountain Lake 21x40/Vinyl Liner Fiberglass stairs/Hayward Sand Filter/Polaris 3900 w/Booster-pump (5060)/SWG Aqua Rite-Prologic-T-15 cell/Hayward Elec. Heat Pump/2 skimmers/Gallons: 18900/900 sq ft stamped concrete/Concrete Coping/TF100-Test Kit Hot tub: Dynasty Spa/Neptune Series, 5-person, 400 gallons, carbon filter plus 2 regular filters, LED color lights. "I control my pool, and not the other way around":-)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Purple Stuff is here...SWG...still slightly green!

See below, the pool looks alot better than it has...POP has helped
    I think I finally have the green monsters butt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NCSalt! IG - Mountain Lake 21x40/Vinyl Liner Fiberglass stairs/Hayward Sand Filter/Polaris 3900 w/Booster-pump (5060)/SWG Aqua Rite-Prologic-T-15 cell/Hayward Elec. Heat Pump/2 skimmers/Gallons: 18900/900 sq ft stamped concrete/Concrete Coping/TF100-Test Kit Hot tub: Dynasty Spa/Neptune Series, 5-person, 400 gallons, carbon filter plus 2 regular filters, LED color lights. "I control my pool, and not the other way around":-)

3. Back To Top    #3

If you can still see the green color, I would add one entire bottle of Jack's Magic The Purple Stuff by pouring it slowly in front of a return while the pump is running. If my guess is right the green should go away in under an hour. It might also help the stairs.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    If you can still see the green color, I would add one entire bottle of Jack's Magic The Purple Stuff by pouring it slowly in front of a return while the pump is running. If my guess is right the green should go away in under an hour. It might also help the stairs.
    Thank you Jason! I will go ahead and add it now, the rain has stopped and the sun is coming out

Im pretty excited, thank you all for your help, after the green is gone it be working on getting the CYA lowered some more!

PS: Today's Readings:
    FC (added 20 drops, still pink) so the FC is still high) guess that's what happens with 22 jugs of bleach
    PH 7.8
    Temp 70
    Salt 2900
    CYA is still average somewhere around 100

Cheerio!