In the market for a new cleaner....

Jul 15, 2008
So its my turn now, I have a 20x40 plaster pool--appoximately 40K gal, and I don't think that there is anyway to add a pump booster on my pool...pump and sand filter are located in my basement, and I'm not sure of how I would plumb and wire a new line. A Kreepy Krawly came with the pool which doesn't do such a great job, and seems to only clean where its been before so I'm tired of messing around with it and having to watch it all the time, if I leave it on all day it might actually get the entire pool clean.

So what are my options? I've seen the reviews for the poolcleaner and Polaris 360...I'm thinking I need I need something to run from my skimmer or a robot?? price wise I would like to keep it under 1000 bucks.

Thanks for any input,
greg

look into aquabots, the company I work for sells them and they work really well. I think you can pick them up for around that price. I like the one called turbo industrial. It moves faster than the base model. Dont waste your money buying one with a remote.

I am doing research at the moment, and came across this list:
http://www.i-love-my-aquabot-automatic- ... rison.html

Couple of other points I am pondering are: where it is made (China vs US vs Israel), ease of repair, warranty and if I can try it (like from Costco, I can return it if I am not happy). Then apparently there are issues with free form pools and steps, which I have. So far I managed to narrow it down for my situation to Blue Pearl vs Aquabot, and I am leaning towards the Aquabot, mostly because of warranty and where it is made. The one issue pending is the wall climb, all the robots I've looked at say 90 degree, but I am pretty sure that my walls are kind of a 100 degree and then hubby constantly bombards me with explanations why the robot won't climb the walls, period :roll: I will post if I come across something else that seems helpful. HTH.

Thanks for the info, my local pool store loaned me an Aquabot Turbo for the weekend and except for it getting stuck on the main drain I'm sold on it...the problem is he wants 300 bucks more than I can get it online, plus tax...I hate that dilemma, if it was just 100 it wouldn't be so bad. I actually like the pool store I go to, after switching from the guys who left a rusty screwdriver in my pool all winter after they closed it this fall.

Anyway...looks like its an aquabot for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.