Replace non working fiberoptic light

May 7, 2014
Mid-Michigan
We are going into our 4th season with our pool. Last year our fiber optic light stopped working. I really liked the light before, as it would light up the whole pool and had many different colors. I am having trouble finding people around me that will work on it, and I know nothing about them. It does have s black box behind the diving board wear it turns on and off. That won't even power up.

I'm not really sure where to start. Do I try to fix the current light, or replace with a new led light. I assume that my power goes to that box, then conduit runs wire to the niche? Any guidance you can provide would be very helpful! Thanks

Steve

I just pulled the lamp, and the coils inside look to be intact. It will not power on at all. Blown fuse???? Maybe need to check to make sure the wire is hot coming into the light. Other suggestions?

Who would I call to service this? Not sure my normal pool store will even touch this. Thanks!

Steve

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
image.jpg

This is a year old thread that I let go last year. I checked the previous suggestions and those seem to be fine.

If I want to just replace this with a new light set up, can that be done? I am a pretty handy guy, can I handle it DIY? What kinds of price would I be looking to install a new light?

You might be able to replace this with a nichless light. Fiberstars does have led replacements if I recall.

I would call Inyo pools and ask if they sell a led replacement because I believe they do.

You might need someone skilled to do it because you need to understand pool electrical.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.