Another rectangular Intex over-the-seam skimmer and hard plumb thread

Mickelin

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Stockholm, Sweden
Still a few weeks before I can open my pool, it actually snowed this morning! Decided to start the upgrade anyway. I'm using two pumps/sandfilters and want to install a widemouth skimmer and two extra inlets. I don't want to lose more than one square of depth, so the skimmer has to go above seam.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I've cut an Intex before, so not too nervous. Still, I decided to reinforce the liner with some professional grade patches before cutting. The water is at winter level, just below the original inlet, and freezing cold, so all work has to be done from the outside. I had planned to cut the liner first and then install the skimmer, to be able to keep the butterfly gasket intact. However, after making the first cut and noticing the water pulling the liner I had second thoughts and quickly cut the gasket in half and installed the skimmer before making the rest of the cuts. Other than that, everything went smoothly.

I'm using 50mm PVC to plumb the pool. I found a good quality, ready-made Intex-to-50mm adapter which will be perfect for this install. Last year I used home made, from cut off Intex hoses, and constantly worried they would break. Now I just have to top up the water level and in a few weeks start the heatpump. Oh, and also start the deck build. Another fun pool summer ahead!

that looks great, I almost went above seam but chickened out :) I went right to the seam and the screws went into the seam

GPTVPJ0h.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.