Our New FG Leisure Pool Build in Ontario Canada

Jun 18, 2008
Ontario Canada
Don't know if you all remember me from last year. I had all the questions about FG pools and SJ vs Leisure. Well our pool build started last Nov...it got to about the half way point then the snow came. They started the install again last week and the pool guy is almost finished and the landscaping is about to begin. Thought I would share some pics. It is a Riveria 30 by Leisure Pool[attachment=2:1r5u4ggy]before.jpg[/attachment:1r5u4ggy]
[attachment=1:1r5u4ggy]hole.jpg[/attachment:1r5u4ggy]
[attachment=0:1r5u4ggy]poolshere.jpg[/attachment:1r5u4ggy]

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 1,145
  • hole.jpg
    hole.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 1,146
  • poolshere.jpg
    poolshere.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,147
[attachment=2:zpce3ah2]pool5.jpg[/attachment:zpce3ah2]
[attachment=1:zpce3ah2]pool2.jpg[/attachment:zpce3ah2]
[attachment=0:zpce3ah2]pool6.jpg[/attachment:zpce3ah2]

Attachments

• pool5.jpg
    pool5.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 1,142
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 1,139
  • pool6.jpg
    pool6.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 1,136
Forgot a pic of the pool spending the night on the street because of a snow storm that came in the day it arrived. Thought it was a cool shot.
[attachment=0:3ohaetkh]snowypool1.jpg[/attachment:3ohaetkh]

And this is where it got left off for the winter. They started levelling it and half filled it with water.
[attachment=1:3ohaetkh]poolfilling.jpg[/attachment:3ohaetkh]

I will BBL with more pics of the newest progress.

Attachments

• poolfilling.jpg
    poolfilling.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,135
  • snowypool1.jpg
    snowypool1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,134
These pics are from Mon. They started working on the pool last week again. The concrete forms are for the footings for the pool, there are also sono tubes underneath. We are going to do a brick deck and brick coping around the pool.
[attachment=1:389rdmgh]pool.jpg[/attachment:389rdmgh]

You can see the pool shed in this one. It houses the equipment. My husband is building it himself. We hope to do the siding soon.
[attachment=0:389rdmgh]pool1.jpg[/attachment:389rdmgh]

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 1,062
  • pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 1,059
These pics are from yesterday. The water is starting to clear up and we are using the vac to circulate the water.
[attachment=2:2sgqnydr]pool1.jpg[/attachment:2sgqnydr]
[attachment=1:2sgqnydr]pool.jpg[/attachment:2sgqnydr]

And here is the cement pad we had poured for our new hot tub which is coming at the end of the month!
[attachment=0:2sgqnydr]hottub1.jpg[/attachment:2sgqnydr]

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 1,059
  • pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 1,061
  • hottub1.jpg
    hottub1.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 1,059
Well I will leave it here for now. Once there is more progress with the landscaping and fence I will post more pictures. My husband and I hope to start working on the siding next week and we are also refreshing the deck and maybe adding a railing. Looking forward to seeing it all completed. Hopefully by mid June, fingers crossed.

Kim

Hi Kim!
This is the biggest fiberglass pool I've seen it's gonna be awesome when it's done and what a wiew you will have from the pool :goodjob:

Saw that you are from Canada. I'm looking at the worldcup hockey tonight and we playing against the chech republic. If we win tonight will we face Canada in the semifinal :-D Always good hockey when we play Canada.
Goodluck!

WV Girl-Thanks, I will try and post more pics once there is some more progress. I did take one today from a different angle that I will get up.

Henry-It is surprisingly not as big as it looks. It is 30ft x 15ft (at it's widest point) and holds 14,300 gallons. It comes in a larger size too and there are some pretty big FG pools available here. It looked huge on the street, small in the ground, I find now that it is full of water it looks big again :-D
I have been admiring your pool build and the skill and patience you must have. It is looking good. Bet you can't wait to get in it.

:wave: Kim

Here is my attempt at a water shot. I know those are popular on here :wink: . It is not looking too bad considering it was a mosquito breeding ground on Monday. Still trying to get the salt in check.
[attachment=1:27fl9ixe]water.jpg[/attachment:27fl9ixe]
And a shot from a different angle facing the house. You can see the stairs and play bench in the shallow end...which our soon to be 5 yr old is going to love.
[attachment=0:27fl9ixe]pool.jpg[/attachment:27fl9ixe]

:wave: Kim

Attachments

• water.jpg
    water.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 958
  • pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 957

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Kim, the pool looks great. We are North of Tronto and considering a Leisure pool. How did you finish the area around the pool. I see from your pictures there is cement. Did you put a paving stone over top or leave it as shown in the pictures? I am asking because the guy that may install our pool just does the pool and I am finish the surronding area myself.

Thanks everyone!
We are currently at a standstill. The pool looks the same as it did the last pic. The landscaper can't start until June 3, he is a little behind due to all the rain we have had. I hope to have new pics to show off soon.

alnorman- The concrete is actually part of the pool footing, and there are sono tubes underneath too. We are doing pavers on top of that bit of concrete for the coping. We are using Permacon Marina pavers in fossil beige. We really liked the Permacon Aqua style (it is more of a tumbled look) but I was shocked when we looked at the pavers how sharp and rough they are, the edge was incredibly sharp. Here is a link to the pavers we are using... http://www.permacon.ca/products.html?pr ... 0&z=Marina
For the pool decking we are using a Brooklin Concrete paver in tumbled terra cotta. The Brooklin paver is a nice quality paver but a little less costly than the Permacon, which is why we are using the two different manufacturers. Our pool builder only does pools as well, not the actual landscaping. We hired our landscaper separately but he needs to talk to the PB because there are do's and don'ts about compacting around a FG pool, apparently if done wrong it can cause the walls to cave in :eek: . One thing we wished we would have done is talked to the landscaper FIRST then the PB. The landscaper could have helped us position the pool a little better and we may have avoided the cost of a retaining wall. Anyways good luck with your pool. I will post more pics once ours gets going again.

Thanks for the information. I am thinking of doing the deck myself so I was wondering if that was the concrete collar the copping/paving stones would sit on. Just curious, was your pool builder Dean?

Well we are still at the same point :hammer: . Our landscaping which was supposed to start today has been pushed back again. Starting to get a little impatient, we just want to get on with it.
Hubby and son have taken a few frosty swims...the weather really needs to warm up around here.
Hopefully I will have some new pics to post soon.

You have a nice place Kim. You are a way more patient person than I am. Doesn't look like you have any neighbors either. Ain't it nice???? :-D
Looks like they left more room to work around your pool than they did mine. I hope my plumber guy is skinny :)

I really want an equipment shed too.

I soooo want a Leisure pool. We are trying to find a builder here in SC that will put one in as the few ones we've found with fiberglass experience support other brands. Good luck with yours! I am jealous!

Alysen

alysenlynn said:
I soooo want a Leisure pool. We are trying to find a builder here in SC that will put one in as the few ones we've found with fiberglass experience support other brands. Good luck with yours! I am jealous!

Alysen

Alysen-Did you try phoning or emailing Leisure Pools USA directly and finding out who they recommend as a PB close to your area? That might be one way to find one. When we did that we found 2 in our general area.

Kim,
It looks like you're going to have a diving board. How deep is your pool? I couldn't get a board cause the deepest i could get was only 7'. Guess I'll have a jump rock :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.