Intex pump SF80110 won't turn on

Jun 14, 2015
PW virginia
Just got the pool open for the season hooked up the pump and it won't turn on. Checked the breaker it didn't flip but turn it on and off anyways just to check. Plugged something else into the outlet that is used to verify no issues there. You can hear the timer clicking on the pump but it won't run. This will be the pumps second season as well.

Sounds like you could have a problem with the pump motor capacitor. Unfortunately, since the Intex pumps are low quality and inexpensive, I doubt you can just find a replacement capacitor or it would even be easily replaceable. What size pool do you have? If you could add the details of your pool to your signature, click this link to do so, that would help with a recommendation. If you're going to keep the pool for a while, I would suggest upgrading to a better pump and filtration system than the Intex. Hayward has some fairly affordable pump/filter combos for AG pools that will last a lot longer and filter better with proper care. Otherwise, you'd likely have to buy a replacement pump from Intex.

Thank you for your reply. We actually figured out it was the electrical plug on the pump. It was full of water and was rusted and just nasty. My husband replaced it with a new plug and its working better than it did with the original plug on it!

I was able to fix my Intex sand pump after doing a Google search and finding this thread. I took the plug off the pump that came with the pool and put it on the sand filter pump and POOF it worked! Thanks so much for following up with what your husband did to fix yours!

Thanks to a google search, I found your post about your intex filter not working. I believe we are having the same problem with ours. Where did you get a replacement electrical plug??

Thank you for your reply. We actually figured out it was the electrical plug on the pump. It was full of water and was rusted and just nasty. My husband replaced it with a new plug and its working better than it did with the original plug on it!

Just got the pool open for the season hooked up the pump and it won't turn on. Checked the breaker it didn't flip but turn it on and off anyways just to check. Plugged something else into the outlet that is used to verify no issues there. You can hear the timer clicking on the pump but it won't run. This will be the pumps second season as well.
Same here... does the Hayward connect to intex salt clorinater

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.