Convert to salt

May 1, 2015
Kaplan louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm thinking about converting my 24' ag pool (13600) to salt. what is the process and recommended equipment to use when converting?
411651e0f4f42c5b0c48cfa0dc86f8aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main thing to understand is that a "salt" conversion still uses chlorine. It's just created by the salt water chlorine generator instead of added in jugs. You still use chlorine to sanitize your pool. The process is to add a "salt cell" to the discharge side of the pool plumbing. This salt cell generates chlorine when saltwater is flowing through it and it's electrified. The salt cell is then usually plugged into some sort of an electrical control unit. So, the system usually consists of two parts, a controller and a salt cell. As a safety feature, a flow switch is also usually required which stops chlorine production if water flow through the cell is lost. Finally, you will need to add pool or water softener salt to the pool according to recommended levels of the salt cell manufacturer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.