Major problems

May 9, 2015
Southern TN
We just took the cover off of our pool and the sides in the deep end are caved it towards the bottom of the pool. In some places the liner is folded ovr itself. I am at a loss for words. We haven't had a bunch of rain this winter either. ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM??? I am so sick.

I'm sure we'd all like to see some pics of the problem. Is it just the vinyl that the "side is caved in" on? Hopefully just water behind the liner. Is the liner pulled off the top edges any where?

The liner was pulled from the top in a few places previously. The liner looks like fat belly rolls hanging over each other. You can also see jagged rock edges behind the liner.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't get the pics to accurately show what has happened.

Ground doesn't shift for no reason. There could have been groundwater coming from higher elevations, a broken sewer or water main, mild earthquake, something had to cause the earth to collapse in that area. Have you noticed any sink holes in your yard? Check and see if your homeowner's insurance will cover any repairs. Please post your pictures even if you think they don't show anything, it will still help us try to figure out what happened.

I spoke with the guy that installed the pool 15 yrs ago. He said it sounded like a groundwater issue, but wouldn't be for sure until he looked on Monday.

Here is what I do know...
When it was closed for the winter, the water level was just at the jets. Now the water is at the bottom of the steps. I told the pool installer this and he said the groundwater can come up and purge your water out of the pool. He also said the water should never go below the skimmers. I am not so sure on that one...
Also, for kickers, our wonderful neighbors did shoot some exploding targets literally about 50-60 yards from my pool. I am highly suspicious of this... and very peed off.
There are "fat roll" looking areas at the very end on the pool light end. On the sides you can see rocks purging through the liner.

Ok, the bulges you see at the bottom may not be rocks. It could just be that there is water behind the liner. You might have a leak that is allowing water behind the liner. The pool guy should be able to give you a better idea what is going on. Out of curiosity, have you tried nudging the bulges with a pool net? If it has a little give to it then it is water. You can try very gently nudging it with the pool net so you don't damage the liner.

Ok, the bulges you see at the bottom may not be rocks. It could just be that there is water behind the liner. You might have a leak that is allowing water behind the liner. The pool guy should be able to give you a better idea what is going on. Out of curiosity, have you tried nudging the bulges with a pool net? If it has a little give to it then it is water. You can try very gently nudging it with the pool net so you don't damage the liner.

No, they don't give. Hard. You can tell in other places on the wall that there are very jagged rocks pushing through.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And the water level is just below my light in the pool. I had a other post on my light. It is awful. Seal is deterioted all around it. Is it possible water got in around it and caused this? Even on the long sides of the deep end?

And the water level is just below my light in the pool. I had a other post on my light. It is awful. Seal is deterioted all around it. Is it possible water got in around it and caused this? Even on the long sides of the deep end?- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

[URL=http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/thunderchicken18/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160423_190824.jpg.html]

If there was only a leak and water behind the liner it couldn't cause the concrete to bust out enough to let soil/rocks through, right? It is strange that the water level is just at the bottom of the light but I can't figure out what the jagged pieces are poking through the liner. It should just be finished concrete under the liner, right?

Perhaps more pictures might help? Like standing back so you can see the perimeter of the pool, etc. (if you have troubling posting more, use an image hosting site such as Photobucket and copy and paste the IMG code in the reply.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.