can't get cc down

sorry 'bout being impatient. you guys are the best. i think i'm going to vacume to waste blind cuz i think you are right, i probably have a good amount of gunk at the bottom, which would explain alot. with all the rain we are getting around here, as well as the fact that i have a very deep well, the water loss is not an issue. i think we are onto what the real problem is. i've just been wary of vacuming blind, afraid i might suck something up that could clog my pump or filter, but i think it is now becoming apparent that it needs to be done. i will keep you posted. probably will not have time to do so till the weekend, so till then, i'll keep the clorine up and do some more brushing. thanx so very much for your help.

delfargo said:
sorry 'bout being impatient. you guys are the best. i think i'm going to vacume to waste blind cuz i think you are right, i probably have a good amount of gunk at the bottom, which would explain alot. with all the rain we are getting around here, as well as the fact that i have a very deep well, the water loss is not an issue...
delfargo, do you have a leaf net that you can put at the end of your pole and try to "scoop" whatever may be on the bottom?
That's not much different than brushing the bottom (blind) in this case and may show you what's really there without clogging your skimmer basket when you vaccum.

well, here's an update... i vacumed to waste blind this weekend and boy-oh-boy, was i surprised. TONS of wierd little dead worms and alot of plant matter and alot of whiteish-gray muck. nothing green, tho, so that was good.
just gonna keep up the bleach and brush-brush-brush. hopefully it'll start to clear soon. i've been running the pump 24/7 for a month now and i still can't see the bottom. just a milky haze. will keep you posted. thanx.

o.k., oh gurus of the pool.... need some more advice. my cc is finally staying somewhat constant around .5, so that's nice. i've been brushing and stirring up lots of white junk, but it's taking so long to filter it i'm running out of patience. i'm thinking of shutting the pump down friday and letting it sit still overnight so hopefully alot of the junk will settle to the bottom and then vacume to waste again saturday. is that a good idea ? i'd still be vacuming "blind" as i still can't see the bottom, but i got alot of junk out last time i did it, so i'm thinking i'd try it again. whatdaya think?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.