TF-100 - How long does it last?

BIC

Jul 7, 2007
Hi there,

Long time, no see. I'm opening my pool and I have few questions about the TF-100 kit (my best buy after I bought my pool).

How long can I use my TF-100 kit? This is going to be my 3rd summer with that kit. I keep it inside the house all the time (summer, winter, etc.). Is it still good or some stuff has to be renew? It seems to work ok, but ....?

BIC

It should be alright. If stored in a dark cool place the reagents can last for years. There is a good article at Taylor that gives some hints on how to recognize reagents that are going bad. If the clear reagents start to turn yellow they are going bad and if the colored reagents start to stain the plastic bottles they are in, they are going bad.

Ok, thanks for the info guys. I will keep using my TF-100 kit for a third year :-D

Last year you were not selling the TF-100 kit to Canadian customer. Is it still the case? :mrgreen:

Just in case the status would have changed recently.

BIC

Hi, BIC,

Didn't see your post 'til now. We are still unable to sell to Canada. I'm sorry, but that's our arrangement with Taylor Technologies.

I'm glad you've taken care of your kit and are getting good "mileage". :lol:

duraleigh said:
Hi, BIC,

Didn't see your post 'til now. We are still unable to sell to Canada. I'm sorry, but that's our arrangement with Taylor Technologies.

Ok, I was just checking if it was still the case (arrangement with Taylor Technologies). That kit is VERY good and VERY usefull. I'm just a bit surprised regarding the huge price difference between Canada and USA (for the exact same product).

BIC

BIC said:
duraleigh said:
Hi, BIC,

Ok, I was just checking if it was still the case (arrangement with Taylor Technologies). That kit is VERY good and VERY usefull. I'm just a bit surprised regarding the huge price difference between Canada and USA (for the exact same product).

BIC

Where did you find this kit for Canada BIC? I'm looking for one.
I have my own kit that tests everything except CH, CYA and BORAT. I need to find something to test these.

THX - I just ordered the
Insta-TEST Borate Test Strips by LaMotte 12.99 $CAN
K-1721 Cyanuric Acid (« stabilizer »): 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 mg/L. Mesured by turbidity. 54.45 $CAN

Hope they get here quick :)
Altho it's still only 15 celsius here in Toronto.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.