Apr 19, 2016
Loxahatchee, FL
Good morning!

Here are my water test results from yesterday:

FC 4.5
CC 0.5
CH 675
TA 210

I also just purchased the speed stirrer so I can't wait for that!

I have some stains on the plaster and I was hoping someone could help me identify and hopefully fix.

The one on the top is dark, almost green in color and the one on the bottom I think might be calcium.
dark stain.jpgwhite stain.jpg

Any idea on how I can get rid of these?

Good morning. I didn't see your pH reading above, but here are some basic rules for ID'ing stains:
- Hold a chlorine tablet against the stain; if it goes away, it is organic (i.e. algae); SLAM pool and scrub that area
- Hold crushed vitamin C tabs in a sock against stain; if it goes away, it is iron; requires a sequestrant to manage metals in the pool; very bad pool s might require an acid wash
- If vitamin C tabs make a spot get worse, it's copper; a sock full of dry acid may help; or a plaster acid wash for bad areas
- Calcium stains generally occur because of high CH, coupled with high pH and TA; best removed by adjust CSI levels (lower) and scrubbing the effected area

Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.