Nicheless light options

n240sxguy

May 17, 2014
Benton, KY
I have a Pentair Aqualumin II nicheless light in my pool. The previous owner ruined it, my ladder, and liner with granulated chlorine. I'm hoping to replace the ladder this summer. I'll have to live with the fading of the liner for a few more years. The light will come eventually when I have some extra money to blow. Anyway, last year I replaced the bulb in it and found that the housing has holes eaten through it where the gasket seals. I tried to seal it up with some underwater epoxy, but it leaked and filled half full of water over the winter. I disconnected the power wires to it a couple weeks ago. Does anybody know if there are any other lights available to replace this one? I've seen the Aqualumin III. Apparently Hayward used to make one, but they stopped making it. I've seen the small ones that screw into a return fitting. I assume that it would be nearly impossible to install extra return fittings for those lights. Anybody have any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK I'm lost-- Pentair makes the Aqualumin III which is what you should upgrade to. You can do that now without replacing the liner.

If the light is leaking you need to replace the light. Epoxy repairs are not something you want to do.

I'm not a fan of the current light, possibly just because the previous owner and installer screwed everything up. Besides all that one of the legs that holds the cord broke off seemingly unrelated to the corrosion. I was just wondering if there was any other options for nicheless lights. I haven't found any, so I assume they don't exist. I just wanted to poll the audience. Do you know what they changed on the aqualumin III?

Oh, and the installer didn't put in a separate junction box for the light. It apparently just T's into the main conduit going to the equipment pad. Should be real fun pulling the new cord.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.