Any ideas what this is in our pool?

Jul 25, 2013
Coppell, Texas
About us - We moved into our new house with a pool on 04/01/16. We are first time pool owners. I apologize in advance for my lack of ability to speak intelligent "pool talk". Because we are still getting settled in and starting the process of getting our previous house ready to put on the market we have decided to continue the weekly pool service that the previous owners were using because we do not have the time right now to learn how to take care of it ourselves. That will be a goal of ours before the end of the year though.

Now my question - We have noticed a few of these spots in the pool. The photo makes them look soft to me - but they are not soft at all they are solid and have a texture to them. My husband tried a brush on them but that did not remove them. Any idea what it is and/or what we can do to remove them? These photos were taken at night with the pool light. During the day it really just looks like white mark but with the pool light shining you can really see the formation. Thank you all in advance for taking the time to read my long winded post!
IMG_4668.jpg IMG_4669.jpg IMG_4667.jpg

-Shelley

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.