pool opened....problem?

smuggs

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 10, 2007
Gloucester County, NJ
So, I had a local poolstore open my pool. I have someone open and close...I do all the rest. Anyway, I got home last night around 8 and went to check on things. My maindrain is plumbed into the far skimmer and uses a diverter valve...I wish I knew to ask about this before starting the project, but I learned about this too late. Well, I found the diverter valve was placed in the near skimmer, which has the majority of the suction. Separately, I had placed new skimmer socks on the skimmer baskets and had them in a bucket on the pool deck along with the other fittings. Here's the other issue....I found that they placed DE in the near skimmer, with the basket in place....SO, no DE got into the filter....it was all stuck in the skimmer sock. I called them and left a message last night....waiting to hear from them this morning. I'm sure there's no permanent damage, it's just unbelieveable that they didn't know where to place the diverter valve or where/how to put DE into the filter. Separately, I also noticed that at my sheer descent, that the water was foaming....thinking they put in a cheap algecide...I'll be asking about that today as well.

Joenj - not Vanbrill....one that's located in Sewell/WT....they advertised openings for $199.99. wonder if I should have contacted sparkle

'poolmom - I cleaned up the mess last night and added DE. I kept the pump running for about 3 hours after that. it is now set to run for 10 hours/day starting today.

well, spoke with the PS...they said that gunite pools that have diverter valves typically have 2 of them. They thought I was going "take care of the other one". Doesn't seem right to me....my understanding of the diverter valve is to adjust the suction of the main drain only...should I expect to have another one? As for the DE in the skimmer sock lined basket, they said that they added DE a second time as they noticed that the filter pressure was low...of course, they didn't remove the skimmer basket....Shouldn't you always remove the skimmer basket when adding DE? So, they asked if I wanted them to come out to move the diverter valve....i've already taken care of that. They then apologized, asked if there were any other errors and said they hoped I would call them back for closing my pool at the end of the season....all of this with a not so "customer is always right" tone. Guess who I'm NOT calling in September.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.