FC = 7.0
CC = 0
TC = 7.0
pH = 7.7
CH = 500
TA = 80
CYN = 70
Using a solar cover to raise temp.

Using liquid Chl @ 12.5% and liquid acid.

Pool looked great two weeks ago and after a weekend of rain it had a bit of green sediment on the bottom. Swept, adjusted chems, vacuumed, and cleaned filter. Some of the green isn't being caught by the filter and takes a couple of days to settle back to the pool bottom. I know my CH and CYN are high but I can't do a partial drain (Southern CA water restrictions). Wondering if I just keep the TC levels up around 10 and keep the pump running 24/7 or do I need to do another SLAM? Poolmath suggests a regular TC level of 5-10 with my CYN level. To SLAM would be 28. Yesterday I was around TC of 4 and pH 7.7. I added acid to lower to 7.4(ish) and chl to raise to 10. Does the TC 7-10 level give false pH readings?

Cheers!

What test kit are you using?

You need to actually complete the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process by passing the 3 criteria to stop. A FC of 10ppm is not nearly high enough with your CYA level.

The pH test is not accurate when the FC > 10ppm.

BTW, your CYA is not really that high, so you should not need to replace water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.