Fox Coping corners

royals

Apr 22, 2016
Minneapolis, MN
We have a Fox steel walled pool that was installed in 1978. Pool is awesome and in great shape except for the corners of coping. We are just about to do a liner replacement. Our pool guy tells us that there were some bad years for corners and I guess we got one of them. You can see from the pictures that the material is basically completely broken down even though the rest of the coping is in good shape. Unfortunately neither our dealer or I can find any replacement corners locally. Right now we are thinking either to try and remove the bullnose part of the corner completely and then paint the corner or have a auto body guy try and make something custom (similar to a car bumper). The first option is easier and cheaper but will probably not look good, the second will likely cost an arm and a leg and there are no guarantees on look or longevity. Anyone here know of any other options or where we could get some corner pieces that would match/work?

B48DFD47-82F6-43EF-97B5-9EF27C7688F4
38AC2F62-BAEA-46AB-99F0-EB7AAA099442
20160422_133825.jpg20160422_133805.jpg

Did you call Fox to see if they have any? I'm not sure if this is the exact same company that made yours. Fox Pool Corporation - Home

Yes, before posting here I contacted Fox, they no longer manufacture or stock the corners, they sent me to the local dealer for fox who also had no stock or way to help. The pool is old enough that I understand that they don't stock anything, I am a little disappointed that they have not come up with a fix as it sound like it is a known and common issue for the pools they made during that time. My hope on the forum was that someone here might know of inventory for old Fox pool coping somewhere in the country or that someone had fixed a similar issue with some method we could try and replicate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.