Pool opening readings

Hi Earl. Actually, I would re-check CYA in about 24-48 hours. We've done some extensive testing here and found that it records much faster than previously believed. So whatever you programmed for (i.e 70 ppm for SWG pool), you can just about bet it will be there by tomorrow or close to it. But still, don't add any more until a few days later. Good strong FC level for now, and increasing pH to the mid 7s should serve you well. Looks like you're in good shape. Have a nice weekend.

TFP method rocks all I used for opening was bleach, muriatic acid and baking soda

Just took readings
FC 5.5 added 4 oz bleach to get to 6
PH 7.4 added 1.5 oz of baking soda to get to 7.5
TA holding at 50
CYA 80

a5f6e27fcd3b006601b2b8c0912c1bba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Earl. Actually, I would re-check CYA in about 24-48 hours. We've done some extensive testing here and found that it records much faster than previously believed. So whatever you programmed for (i.e 70 ppm for SWG pool), you can just about bet it will be there by tomorrow or close to it. But still, don't add any more until a few days later. Good strong FC level for now, and increasing pH to the mid 7s should serve you well. Looks like you're in good shape. Have a nice weekend.

Well, that will teach me to hibernate over the winter. Is it okay to recheck CYA after 48 hours? That's cool.:cool:

IF it is all dissolved and the pump has had some time to mix it all up good.

My part of the "experiment" was to let the sock sit for about 15 mins to get the powder wet. I then squeezed until it was all dissolved. I let the pump run for 30 mins then tested and it test at the lever I aimed for!

Kim:cat:

IF it is all dissolved and the pump has had some time to mix it all up good.

My part of the "experiment" was to let the sock sit for about 15 mins to get the powder wet. I then squeezed until it was all dissolved. I let the pump run for 30 mins then tested and it test at the lever I aimed for!

Kim:cat:

Boy, we get a new Mod and things suddenly get better. Good choice, Dave:lovetfp:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.