CYA help!

graffster

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 19, 2008
I kind of need this answer quick! I just added the CYA powder (I know, it's 11:00 at night...) I've got the filter on, but is it ok for that powder to sit on the bottom of the pool? I have a pebble tec finish. I brushed it around a little, but it's not dissolved yet.

(I guess i can stay up and babysit the pool if i have to!!)

It would be a really good idea to vacuum it up with a manual vacuum or a suction side cleaner, or brush it all into a main drain, so it goes into the filter. CYA is acidic and could cause plaster damage. The risk isn't huge, but why run any risk of damaging your fancy PebbleTec?

Thanks, JasonLion! Just what I wanted to hear. I've got the Baracuda running in there, and I'll go out now and sweep it into the drain. I was afraid maybe sucking it up would lessen it's effectiveness, though I realize that's why you don't backwash the filter for a while after adding CYA.

Thank you...again!!

off to sweep...

Kathy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.