Stenner Pumps

How do I know which pumps need a timer and which do not? I've read some post where people say you want the pumps that need a timer as the other type of Stenner pumps have a "clicking" sound.

All of them need a timer as you only want it to run when the pool pump is running. The clicking sound it made by adjustable rate pumps when you have them set for anything bellow 100%

Re: Stenner Pump Size

Here was my process....

Based on my pool size and 2 to 3 PPM loss per day of FC in the summer, I used PoolMath to determine I need about 36 ounces of 8.25% chlorine per day. Then I looked at the ounce/min capabilities of the Stenner pumps and determined I could inject roughly 53 ounces/hour with the 10 GPD fixed rate pump. That means I would need to run my Stenner less than 1 hour/day which seemed acceptable to me. That gives me the flexibility to run 15-20 minutes/day in the winter/off season when FC loss is lower and 30-45 minutes or more per day in the summer when FC loss is greatest.

I would still have some flexibility to run more or less if my calculations are off or if find I need more time to maintain FC levels. I just wanted to avoid having to run the pump more than an hour or so a day worst case. The 10 GPD also will allow me to still get the chlorine I need in about an hour or so if I switch to 6% bleach.

Re: Stenner Injector Placement

The injector should be on the return side after the heater. Many here drill and tap a hole on a elbow fitting on return side. Do a search on here there are plenty of pic's of injector installs. I will try and attach my setup pic.20150419_154653.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Stenner Tube Question

4 related threads merged by moderator. Please keep related questions together. Thanks, jblizzle

Im planning out a Stenner pump install. I want to put the pump and the storage tank in my basement. I just have no rom for the storage tank near my pump and filter and they are right next to my basement wall outside the house. I want to run the tubes through the house into the basement. But from what i see the tubes need to be changed every few years.. So that eliminates siliconing the tubes in place.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i would accomplish this???

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

some plastic p clips like they use secure ice maker water lines and some butyl tape might work. Butyl tape is what they use to seal the windows and panels on some RVs. It's kind of like old fashioned window glazing a putty that never completely hardens but is good for sealing small wall penetrations.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont have a heater.

So after the pump and the filter??

yup after the pump and filter.

Re: Stenner Tube Question

4 related threads merged by moderator. Please keep related questions together. Thanks, jblizzle

Im planning out a Stenner pump install. I want to put the pump and the storage tank in my basement. I just have no rom for the storage tank near my pump and filter and they are right next to my basement wall outside the house. I want to run the tubes through the house into the basement. But from what i see the tubes need to be changed every few years.. So that eliminates siliconing the tubes in place.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i would accomplish this???

The tube that needs replaced is inside the pump itself, not the tube that carries the chlorine from the pump to the injection point. Google Stenner pump tube change and watch the Youtube video and you'll see where they are....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.