New (to me) spa

Apr 9, 2016
St. Louis, MO
First time spa owner here. Bought this house with a pool and a separate spa on Monday. I've been getting moved in and trying to get a handle on the pool chemistry, so I'm just now getting around to the spa. I tested the water this am with the TF-100, results are below.

pH: 7.8
FC: 1
CC: .5
CH: 125
TA: 150
CYA: 80

So i assume I need to bring the pH down a bit, but what else do I need to do? The owners manual says that if I have an ozonator FC should be between 1 and 3. So am I good there? And there is a bucket of chemicals next to the spa with pH up, pH down, chlorine granules, algaecide, and a few others. Should I use these for now? Dump em?

And finally, what do I need to do moving forward to take care of the spa? Change/clean filters? Set some kind of timer for the ozonator?

I would also suggest now may be a good time to replace that water and get the CYA level down, I suspect the previous owner used dichlor exclusively.

You may want to check out the dichlor then bleach method

Dichlor - then bleach method

Ike

ps how old is the ozonator, many types stop making Ozone after 3-4 years (some newer models may last 5-7 years) most also just have a power indicator light which does not tell you if they are producing ozone. There are one time (break glass draw tube) style testers for ozone, but given they cost around $15 each, and you can get a new Del brand ozonator off ebay for about $100, I question their value.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.