Round or rectangular Intex with deck?

Purchased the 26' round ultra frame intex! I'm so excited!

I need to purchase some steps as well.

Building this deck....the door in the picture is off of my screen porch :D

deck.jpg

To replace this 18' intex in same general area:

10dsia1.jpg

Purchased the 26' round ultra frame intex! I'm so excited!

I need to purchase some steps as well.

Building this deck....the door in the picture is off of my screen porch :D

View attachment 47254

To replace this 18' intex in same general area:

10dsia1.jpg

If i remember correctly (I hope I do) weren't you pregnant when you did this pool? (OMG i sure hope you are the right person im thinking of! :mrgreen:)

If i remember correctly (I hope I do) weren't you pregnant when you did this pool? (OMG i sure hope you are the right person im thinking of! :mrgreen:)

LOL! I feel like I've been pregnant for three years straight! I wanted the upgrade last year (and was pregnant, had my daughter in June) but didn't get to it. The summer before I put up the 18' (my son was 1 year old).

I'm not pregnant right now! :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have another question:

I will be leaving my pool up year round. Is there anything (more) I can do to help prevent the frame from rusting? Should I spray with Rustoleum rust prevention clear coat?

I am putting in a Hayward thru wall skimmer. I'm also attaching steps from the deck into the pool rather than using the Intex ladder. I will also put down foam or a pad down before putting pool in.

Are there any other "upgrades" to make?

I have another question:

I will be leaving my pool up year round. Is there anything (more) I can do to help prevent the frame from rusting? Should I spray with Rustoleum rust prevention clear coat?

I'm guessing if you are doing the skimmer you will have a sand filter? I'd recommend it, for sure. I didn't have any rust on my 18' that I had for 3 1/2 years, left it up for 2 winters. There may have been a couple of spots of surface rust here or there, no bigger than a dime.

LOL! I feel like I've been pregnant for three years straight! I wanted the upgrade last year (and was pregnant, had my daughter in June) but didn't get to it. The summer before I put up the 18' (my son was 1 year old).

I'm not pregnant right now! :D

I thought that was you! LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.