Salt generator problem

Earl Cox

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 22, 2015
Lexington Park MD
image.jpg

Just plugged in my Intex 8110 SWG no power GFCI wouldn't even reset. I have 7110 Intex SWG for spear parts is it possible to switch out the transformer with the 8110. I notice that the 8110 transformer casing is a little taller than the 7110.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so editing is apparently not my strong suit, lol. I hate it when equipment comes with those on the cord, you have no way of verifying if the equipment is bleeding current to ground or if the gfci is bad (which can happen, especially since they aren't the highest of quality). I poked around on the intex site and they dont even list the power supply as a replacement part. The manual says the 8110 uses almost twice the current of the 7110 so basically you probably cant swap them.

Ok, so editing is apparently not my strong suit, lol. I hate it when equipment comes with those on the cord, you have no way of verifying if the equipment is bleeding current to ground or if the gfci is bad (which can happen, especially since they aren't the highest of quality). I poked around on the intex site and they dont even list the power supply as a replacement part. The manual says the 8110 uses almost twice the current of the 7110 so basically you probably cant swap them.

Yes the 7110
110/120 V
0.6 A
65w
ECO 500MA

110/120V
1.1A
125W
ECO 800MA

It's under a 2 year warranty but Intex will not accept it cause I don't have my receipt :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.