Auto cover won't open

:bump: Thought I would bump this post to see if you ever got your cover issue resolved. I personally don't have a cover so I can't really contribute to the specifics, but didn't want you to think we didn't see your post. I wouldn't see why the water level would matter though. A buzz/hum tells me you're getting power, but perhaps the motor itself is frozen (grit, rust, or mechanically - not cold), so perhaps there's a manual override or disengagement/release option? Again, not my specific area of expertise, but wanted to check on your anyways.

:bump: Thought I would bump this post to see if you ever got your cover issue resolved. I personally don't have a cover so I can't really contribute to the specifics, but didn't want you to think we didn't see your post. I wouldn't see why the water level would matter though. A buzz/hum tells me you're getting power, but perhaps the motor itself is frozen (grit, rust, or mechanically - not cold), so perhaps there's a manual override or disengagement/release option? Again, not my specific area of expertise, but wanted to check on your anyways.

Thank you! Ya, I have no idea what's going on. Worked fine when I closed it in September..

While attempting to move the cover, can you visually look at where the motor connects to the shaft of the cover reel? Remove the cover over the motor if necessary to see this. Is the motor shaft engaged with the reel shaft? Is the motor spinning or just humming in place?

While attempting to move the cover, can you visually look at where the motor connects to the shaft of the cover reel? Remove the cover over the motor if necessary to see this. Is the motor shaft engaged with the reel shaft? Is the motor spinning or just humming in place?

Got it going! Was just way underfilled. Where in Central MN are you? I went to school in St. Cloud and our cabin is in Alexandria. Not sure if those count as central or not ha.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got it going! Was just way underfilled. Where in Central MN are you? I went to school in St. Cloud and our cabin is in Alexandria. Not sure if those count as central or not ha.
I guessed you went to SCSU by the user name. [emoji6] I live west of St. Cloud about 20 miles. The Alex area has some great lakes and is certainly central MN!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.