2016 New Pool Build - Pearland TX

ap2002

Bronze Supporter
Apr 12, 2016
Houston, TX
hello, ive been a lurker for the the past 2 weeks and have gained a lot of great information on being a future pool owner. Thanks to members for posting their builds to help out other future pool owners.

a little about myself, we have a newly built home and moved in during the summer of last year, our previous neighborhood had a community pool so the kids made sure they used it every chance they got, well now in our new neighbor hood there is no community pool so after doing a lot of thinking and putting numbers together we decided that our next step was to build our own private pool in our backyard, what better than to have a little bit of paradise in your own backyard right? this was a big dream of ours to do and obviously a big financial decision to make. Our kids ages are 14 , 10, & 8 so we figured if we were going to do it we need to do it now so they can enjoy it aswell. We got about 3bids last summer to get a ballpark number of how much we were going to expect to spend on this build., after getting the bids and we decided to go with our gut feeling and go with a PB that came highly recommend through coworkers and some internet review searching. Contract was signed 3weeks ago, utilitys have been marked/flagged and we waiting on city permit... this has been the longest wait ever for us, I would of thought we would be halfway through the build the city wouldn't take so long lol, as of this past Monday permit was on pending approval process, PB said it should be by this week hopefully digging starts next week weather permitting....

I think its a basic build so hopefully it can get done by the summer so kids can enjoy...

this is what our PB designed for us, freeform style pool, salt water 17x35 , 18k gals
-we chose not to build a spa, only pool.

-17x35 pool
-18k gals
-1.5 HP whiperflo
-Pentair FNS plus D.E. filter
-Pentair Amerlite 500w light
-Polaris 280
-Jandy AquaPure Esalt system
-Ozone Joe water system
-flagstone table top
-flagstone coping
-raised jumping platform
-also includes peagravel decking around the pool plus slab for future patio, total of about 1,000sqft of decking.

since they day of the contract... upgrades have been made and the digging hasn't even started lol
upgraded to:
-travertine coping and waterline tile,
-upgraded to LED color light

here is the survey of the soon to be build

-the future patio is shaded in, but not there yet but gets you an idea of where all the slab will be extending to.
-we are also deciding to make the sun deck a little smaller to accommodate the table a little better. this will be done when they come draw the pool out before the dig.

Yay, was wondering when you were going to post your build. :)

Pool looks nice! Glad to see you upgraded to travertine, since you will have a SWG. You will hear this from others too...you don't need the ozone system, get a robot instead of the polaris.

Hope the permit comes soon and then we'll both be hoping for good weather next week. :)

this is what a raised platform looks like, we did not want a diving board but wanted something for the kids to jump off of, I believe it is only 20" high, actually that is exactly how ours will look like, we went with the same travertine and coping of it..

Looks great! My kids are about the same age as yours (15, 10, 9) and we are hoping (well I'M hoping more than my husband) to get the ball rolling soon! I love that jumping wall and the travertine is really nice. Is it a big upgrade from flagstone?

Ap, nice design! Love the raised platform for jumping. How deep is your pool?

designed for 3.5-5.5-3.5 but thinking to go 4-6-4

Looks great! My kids are about the same age as yours (15, 10, 9) and we are hoping (well I'M hoping more than my husband) to get the ball rolling soon! I love that jumping wall and the travertine is really nice. Is it a big upgrade from flagstone?
for us it was a $1200 upgrade to go from flagstone to travertine

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Seems like we got home today and saw some progress, PB came by and layed it out on the yard, inspector set up for tomorrow and dig starts Wednesday/Thursday depending on weather forecast.

image_zpsithajzfc.jpeg

image_zpsyfc15jmx.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

congrats.....can't wait to follow along. Lots of pools going in at the same time around the Houston area. Those subs are going to be busy the next few months. I heard the other day there are over 300 pool builders in the greater Houston area.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.