2016 New Pool Build - Pearland TX

Plaster crew here early at 7am, became a TFP supporter last night while at work, ordering the TFP test kit today.

image_zpsvegv9pvl.jpeg

Congratulations on getting plastered! Somebof the plaster dust should brush off. Curious to know how your PB does the start up and how often they comebout until you can swim. We are still waiting to swim...

Pool is full, took 18hrs to fill with 2water hoses, was done at around 5:30am, yesterday PB asked to keep him updated when pool was full, so I did, I sent him and text at that time early! Lol.... He replied right back and said "wow that was fast fill", he said they will start pumps today and will bring the brush.

image_zpsrdcoq6xx.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations on getting plastered! Somebof the plaster dust should brush off. Curious to know how your PB does the start up and how often they comebout until you can swim. We are still waiting to swim...

I'll keep you updated, if I remember right he told us usually ready to swim 2days after fill, I hope they come early enough when they start up so I can see what they put in there, we have baseball games all afternoon with kids today.

It doesn't look green at all to me! :cool: Sorry couldn't resist, it was the elephant in the room. Two days sounds about right to have the chems work their magic and get you swimming.

I can't believe that you are still waiting to swim....we are in it everyday since fill. Still waiting for landscaping and other small things to get done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They arrived here around 11am starting the pump, so far added 12gals acid, 2 bottles of metals remover, and I left cause I had an appt so don't know what else they added. They installed the return jets, umbrella caps and got the Polaris up and running, Was told that it should be ready to swim by Friday, told me to add 2 tablets of chlorine to each skimmer tomorrow and some shock. They left a lot of the products here. He said they will be back tomorrow to put my fence back up and wash my whole deck.... We can't wait for this weekend.

They arrived here around 11am starting the pump, so far added 12gals acid, 2 bottles of metals remover, and I left cause I had an appt so don't know what else they added. They installed the return jets, umbrella caps and got the Polaris up and running, Was told that it should be ready to swim by Friday, told me to add 2 tablets of chlorine to each skimmer tomorrow and some shock. They left a lot of the products here. He said they will be back tomorrow to put my fence back up and wash my whole deck.... We can't wait for this weekend.

Swimming tomorrow!! Very exciting!!

Today they added shock and 2 chlorine tablets to each skimmer, came home after work to this, it has definitely changed color now..... They also washed the whole deck, looks a lot better now took off the powdery glaze it had on the top

image_zpsqvo0x13j.jpeg

What is your opinion on this startup, this what the PB left after he was done adding the startup chemicals.... Granted pool is looking crystal clear, maybe cause I been reading on here a lot and this just seems to easy to a certain point. PB left a Pentair test kit here for us, I have not been wanting to mess with it because I want to get used to my TFP-100 kit once it gets here and don't want to get confused..... Butttttttt I was curious today so I used the kind to do a FC test only, and it shows 0, And that is the reason why I'm in here right now asking lol...

image_zpsxlzwefr1.jpeg

pool was filled 7days ago, PB started pump and added their chemicals.
its a salt water pool but it is not on yet due to new plaster, PB said it had to wait 3-4weeks before they start that up. so in the meantime it is running on chlorine tablets.
they came and tested yesterday and said that the chlorine was low and needed to be shocked, they left me instructions to do today since the kids were in the pool at the time they didn't want to have them get out.
so for now what i did was added .5gals of bleach and waited for my TFP-kit to come in..
these are the first set of results today,

pH 6.8 blue box kit
CL 5-10 blue box kit

FC 6
CC 0
calcium hardness 575-600
TA 70
CYA <20

does any of this sound right?

How did I miss you getting done?? WOW! That looks great!

Your PB is doing all of the right things. The tablets and shock will add CYA over time. Just keep a close eye on them.

On your numbers-

your PH is a little low BUT it will go up daily so just keep an eye on it. IF it does not go up to 7.2 over the next day or so you can have your kids do LOTS of cannon balls! and run your bubbler and those should push your PH up.

CYA a little low so that will make you lose a little more FC. Ask you PB if you can add some CYA to increase it. CYA is like sunscreen for you FC. You can buy it at Walmart if he does not provide you with any.

Your CH is high BUT you ARE in TX the home of high CH AND have new plaster. Maybe test your fill water and see what that CH is at.

That table is awesome! Have y'all had dinner out there yet?

Kim:cat:

just a little update, finally decided to do a little work on the landscaping.... with some help of my dad, son and nephew we managed build a flower bed, came out decent for being our first try, bought pallet of moss rock, a few yards of soil mix and mulch and even had time to build a planter box for some bamboos.... I will update with better pics once I get the time to take some more decent ones.

landscape.jpg

landscape2.jpg

planterbox.jpg

Reactions: bonanza

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.