2016 New Pool Build - Pearland TX

Wow, so many Houston area builds! That's great, but I'm having a hard time catching up with all of them!

Your pool is beautiful! I love the jumping platform! I haven't seen one like that - very pretty. I love your coping and waterline tile. What plaster finish/color are ya'll getting? The coping and tile will really set off the water.

We're getting a good amount of rain up here in NW Houston tonight. I hope you're getting spared down there. Good luck with the weather!
Suz

Thank you Suz, you are right definitely a lot of builds here in the Houston area, but I enjoy looking at them all, crazy how they are all different and amazing at the time, makes it even harder not to keep upgrading while the process goes lol.

i believe we are going with Quartzscapes Blue, after looking at so many colors on people's build here I was tempted to change it but I think we will enjoy it either way.

we must be lucky cause we have been dodging all the rain today, I see up north Houston is get a good hit, hoping it holds off for the weekend, patio crew will be here early morning to start and hope to finish by sunday

Patio crew here today around 9:30am, they tried hard to try and get the roof decked but Mother Nature had her plans first, they left around 4:30, sprinkled off and on after 2pm so finally decided to leave, will be back in the morning for hopeful some sunshine

image_zpsci0ezxxh.jpeg

image_zpskuwh8w9f.jpeg

A lot went on today, some progress was done but was disappointed, patio crew worked all day today and should be done by tomorrow, just needs lights, fans and speakers installed and paint/stain patio... Clean up crew showed up and am I glad they did, I was tired of looking at the big mess of dirt and trash just sitting there, they did an awesome job cleaning and doing final grade. New grass going in tomorrow morning before we get rain in the afternoon. Now the disappointed part, plaster crew showed up! Yes disappointed because tile crew has not came by put travertine on table top! PB had come out right before plaster crew and was surprised aswell, he was not happy with tile crew. PB told tile crew he needed job done ASAP! No show for today so I hope they show up for tomorrow, so it gets worse, we are expecting a lot of rain for the next 5days.... So we could have been getting plastered today and pool would of been filling up by now but now this wether is going to push us back again... It's been a long day...this is the positive pic for the day lol

image_zpszzgggkd0.jpeg

Wow, you did have a busy day yesterday and with mixed outcomes. Sooo, the plaster guys had to turn around and LEAVE??? And because of tile guys not taking care of a quick little table job? OMG! I would have dropped to the ground, grabbed a plaster guy's ankles, and dragged him back to the pool. Then I would have gotten the Elmer's glue and stuck some pebbles on top of the table! Thankfully, you had greater restraint than I would have had.

This is a big disappointment. Time and time again I find my disappointments turn into 'it worked out for the best'. I may not know why at the time, but the answer comes to light later. And sometimes I never know.... Then I like to believe it's something like the best guy on the crew was home sick, or the mixing machine was dirty which may have resulted in a badly mottled job. Anyway, thinking that way lessens the disappointment.
Let us know when you get an update.
Suz

Yes it was very hard to admit that the big day had finally arrived and it was not going to happen! Disappointment but I had so much going on yesterday I just didn't have time to wrap my head around about how big the disappointment was lol, you are right though, I seem to do well mentally and always think if something didn't happen was for a reason, and guess what that is right, after thinking about it I thought it was a good that it wasn't plastered, first the yard was still a mess because the cleanup crew wasn't there yet, second the whole patio crew had sawdust just flying everywhere and I'm pretty sure I would had not liked for all that sawdust to stick into the new plaster, so yes I'm actually glad it went that route, I know the end of the pool build is close so it can't hurt to wait a few more days right? Lol, On the positive side today, the patio is 99% done, just got to finish some electrical work and paint/stain touch ups but all sawdust work is done. Plus, since clean up crew did a great job yesterday at grading, my dad and i managed to lay down 3 pallets of grass today, yes it's tiring but was well worth it, I was tired of seeing all the mud the past 3weeks. Here are some pics of today's progress,
23x15 patio

- - - Updated - - -

image_zpscvmsms64.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

image_zpstrtmezau.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

image_zpsxmjkgmv8.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

image_zpsiwp0vm5l.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great job getting the sod down soon after grading! The way the rains have been hitting lately, that graded soil wouldn't have lasted long. That green grass looks terrific! Sooo much better than mud! I've done the sod thing a few times - hard work! I love the patio - another great gathering place in your backyard!

Wow your covered patio and yard are looking great! Love the high ceiling! Who did your patio?

Sorry you didnt get plastered today and hopefully the tile crew gets that table done asap.

We still need to find an irrigation and landscape company.

Thank you for the comments, good news tile crew showed up in the rain and got the job done! Yes in the rain, it was the same guy that did the coping, and I got to say they did an awesome job, ruffly took them about 5hrs, definitely there is a lot of work that goes into the table alone, just so many cuts to make it look right. Weather was terrible today but patio managed to be done, table top done and I was also able to plant some palm trees, my wife wants a flower bed in between to palm trees so I been doing some research on how to edge with metal edging, backyard yard starting to look a lot better

Went ahead and framed a counter, will be wrapped in matching brick and granite counter top, will installing a sink/faucet, and storage for outside radio components under inside the cabinets to hide away from weather

image_zpsk43liswa.jpeg

Your table looks great - worth waiting for! It's much better than my idea of using Elmer's glue and sticking rocks and pebbles on it! You did a great job with the palms. They look very majestic! Now for the plaster!!!

Lol, yes Elmers glue and my tiling install knowledge would of definitely not been great! Lol
the tile guy really is a work of art, there is a lot of cutting/measuring involved. That is definitely not DIY job, took them about 5hrs total from arriving time to driving away, they even worked under the rain covered with a tarp! Now that is dedication!

image_zpseou4f6rp.jpeg

Your table really is a work of art. Bless those guys for their work in those conditions. And they cut the top tile pieces the right way, not all wonky like my spa was first cut! I love the 1x1's (glass?) trim underneath. They add the perfect touch! Such beautiful materials all over! Tell me again what plaster you're going with (a signature with info would be soooo helpful - hint hint!). Sighhhhhhhh...... look at those clouds - everyday. I hear Blue Skies are on the way next week. Yay!

yes the 1x1 tile I had left over from the step markers, so I asked him when he arrived if maybe he can work some of that in around the table, I think it he did well on it. Plaster will be Quartzscape Blue..... yes weather just hasn't given us a break, pool is about half full now of rain water... Ill update my sig... finally lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.