Simple valve sizing question...

Apr 21, 2016
Conshohocken
I'm having issues with my pool heater. I want to be able to be able to bypass the heater when needed. I can't afford the fix so until I can fix the heater, I just want to change the flow to the pool. When I get a new heater I just want to change the flow to the new heater.

I need a 3 port positive seal valve. There is a 2" pvc pipe coming from the filter to the heater. There is a 2" pvc pipe coming from the heater out to the pool. I'm simply confused at all the available valves sizes. I would have thought the would be a 2"-2" valve. One 2" in, two separate 2" out. I know they exist since there is a valve in my setup that is exactly what I want. I am looking at Jandy models and I don't see a 2"-2" positive seal 3 port valve.

I know I am missing something fundamentally with measurements!!!!

TIA....

4716Jandy Pro Series Neverlube 2 - 2 1/2" Positive Seal, 2 Port Valve
4717Jandy Pro Series Neverlube 2"-2 1/2", Positive Seal 3 Port Valve
4724Jandy Pro Series Neverlube 1 1/2-2" Positive Seal, 2 Port Valve
4944Jandy Pro Series Neverlube 2" -2 1/2", Positive Seal 3 Port Valve
4945Jandy Pro Series Neverlube 1 1/2-2" Positive Seal, 3 Port Valve, internal and external stop, B23

Jandy valves do something I wish pipe manufacturers would do: they make the ends dual-sized. So the smaller diameter is the inside pipe size, and the larger diameter is what size coupler fits on the outside. It just depends on how you want to connect things. You can use any of them.

I would suggest the 2"-2.5" size. They are bigger, less head loss and have a similar price. Also they you do not need to use couplers, the 2" pipe goes right into the valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.