1st test results with my sweet new TF-100

Lerm

Jun 21, 2007
Chandler, AZ
FC= 5.5
CC= .5 (BARELY turned a slight pink...took one drop to go back to absolute clear)
TA= 170
CYA= 30
PH= ~7.5
Calcium= 440
Salt= 3300 (with aquacheck strips)
Water temp 89-90 (outside temp about 109)
Sand Filter with Zeobest
Goldline Controls SWG

Pool is a 16,000 gallon, pebble sheen, play pool that bakes in the Arizona sun from early morning to 6 o'clock at night.

I know I need to get TA, Calcium & Salt down and CYA up. Wow, this is what happens when you rely on Leslies for your pool testing.

Any suggestions on where to start and the best way to go about getting my water in balance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Your TA and CH combination being high has you on the broder of problems, but if you aren't experiencing any scaling or cloudiness, I wouldn't be in a hurry to change anything. CYA with your sun and a SWG could stand to come up to whatever your manufacturer recommends. Put some in a sock in the skimmer basket or hung in front of a return and test again in a week.

Thanks for the reply John. I am getting some scaling, but the water is crystal clear. I use the CYA in a sock in the skimmer method, but seems to barely raise CYA, which is fine, since I don't want it to dramatically jump, but it should have moved more than that. Although, I have been backwashing quite a bit lately (which means adding new water).

Hey there! I'm in Arizona, too!

The cards are stacked against us on TA, Calcium and other salts, in the water from the get go. I have 440 CH and I just drained and refilled my pool a couple of months ago. Went through 2 weeks of getting my TA down. She's pretty and sparkley now, though.

They've been doing some really good shows on the water in Arizona on the Phoenix public service channel. It's really pretty interesting. They rerun those shows a zillion times, so try to catch it some time if you are at all interested.

JasonLion said:
FAS-DPD can be done either way, .2 or .5 per drop. The TF Test Kit only has the directions for .5, but .2 is possible with a different sized water sample using the Taylor directions.
I actually left those instructions out on purpose. I felt an accuracy of .5 was more than adequate ofr the purpose. If you want .2, fill the cylinder to the 25ml mark.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.