Question about CC

kywildcats

Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2015
Mayfield, KY
I have been having a little trouble with my SWG settings, and I have addressed those issues in that forum. My FC is at 7.5 this afternoon, and my CC is at 0.5, This morning my CC showed 0, crystal clear water. Yesterday I did two chlorine tests, and one time CC was 0 and the other time it was 0.5. What am I doing wrong, or am I just over thinking this. BTW my CYA is 70.

Don't beat yourself up. As long as the CC doesn't exceed .5 or really spike on you, you should be fine. Assuming there were no testing irregularities, your water may just be working to process some stuff via oxidation, and you just happened to grab a sample at that particular time. Good thing is you know what to look for.

I am in the process of doing a OCLT test, and my FC was at 4, and CC was 1., or 1.5 because I took two tests. FC was at 7.5 this afternoon. I am at a complete loss, as I have tested and retested since I opened a month ago, and my numbers have been so good. I could go on about how many times I have brushed, and run the manual and robot but I wont.

Do I wait until morning and see what my numbers are, or do I go ahead and dump the gallon and half of bleach in tonight. I don't have enough for a full SLAM on hand, but maybe enough to get started?

I guess I will need to use the manual vacuum for this, not the robot?

Last but not least.........I AM STUNNED!!!

Good morning. I didn't see your last post until this morning. Hopefully your OCLT went fine. If not, you probably know what needs to be done from here. If you did pass but your CCs still seem elevated, please post a full set of results and we'll see what we can do.

OK, I must be in the twilight zone! I lost sleep over this last night......HA! I am going to post the numbers now, and I promise I was not drinking last night either, at least not until the test was over.

Todays numbers

FC: 7
CC: 0.5
PH: 7.5
TA: 70
CH: 75
CYA: 70 (Tested yesterday)
Salt: 3300
Water temp: 71

I have no idea what is going on. I hold my reagents vertical and watch the drops carefully so they are the same size. I am at a loss to explain last nights numbers. Pool looks as good as it ever has, you can easily count the holes in the main drains. Good thing I didn't start dumping in the bleach I had on hand last night!!!

I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here. This really has me concerned. Is it possible that my test cylinders were contaminated? I rinse after every use, and dry them with a paper towel before returning them to the box. Should I clean them somehow? If so.......with what?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Trust this morning's test. It's the latest reading and you were probably sober at the time. :) You're getting to know your pool very well ... the clarity, how much FC it uses, and how much chemicals you typically put in. But from time-to-time, something will change and you'll see it. That's what TFP is all about - you being in control. For now, it doesn't appear you have any worries. When/if you do, you'll know it right away and know from your TFP learning what to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.