How to choose a pool builder

Apr 18, 2016
Round Rock/TX
New house and we want a pool (we think). Have spoken to 3 pool builders and planning on a few more. All seem in the same price range. Similar reviews on Yelp. We are pretty specific as to the design we'd like. So- how do we choose the builder? Are there specific questions or things we should ask?

For me I interviewed 4-5 pool builders and narrowed it down to the designs I liked best - who responded quickly and I felt would be easy to work with. I also went and LOOKED at their pools in person and asked to speak to people who were in the middle of a build with them. I wanted a PB that had been in business a while and was big enough that I didn't fear they would be closing anytime soon - I ended up going with a more expensive builder - but not the most expensive. Good luck and we want to see all the pics and designs!!!!

The most important factor for me is trust and ability to communicate effectively. A referral from an acquaintance is a plus. Seeing their work and talking to customers is good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.