St Augustine, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I was reading the online manual for my Navigator and they emphasize the use of the leader hose and connecting it directly to the unit. Well I purchased a house that already had a pool and this cleaner but noticed that there is no leader hose at all. Should I get one? What is the purpose of it. It seems to work ok without it.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if it's the case with the navigator, but usually a leader hose is slightly weighted to lessen the upward force on the cleaner and allow it to stick to the floor better. If yours is working fine I'd just keep doing what you're doing. Or duct tape a weight to the last hose. :-D

I just bought and installed a Navigator in my pool last week. The leader hose does not have a swivel. Rather the swivel is part of the Hayward vacuum head.

The leader hose has a slightly thicker (weighted?) cuff on it which is a subtle difference compared to the rest of the hose pieces. The cuff is thicker and stronger than the other hoses to give you a stronger/tighter fit on to your Navigator.

If your Navigator seems to work right and doesn't pull itself apart at the vacuum head, I wouldn't worry about it if you don't think you have one. It's a subtle improvement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.