New Hampshire- 24ft Above Ground

unh044

Jul 8, 2012
Well, I figured I'd document this journey, and share the torment with the rest of you (how's that for optimism going into a project! :crazy:) Anyway, a week ago a friend of mine posted that he was getting rid of his 24' round above ground pool. Knowing that my wife really wants a pool, and that I can't in any way, shape, or form, afford the in-ground she wants, I figured maybe this would be a good thing. So, we contacted him, and, two truckloads of stuff later, I'm the proud owner of a five year old, 24ft Oasis (made by Asahi) pool, with 48" steel walls. I'm going to need some parts for it, but I've already got the site for those.

After searching the yard (by the boss... I mean wife) that I can't put it in the nice flat part of the yard, since that is too far away, or will look dumb, or won't get used, or something equally.... uhmm.... logical.

So, it's going right off the back deck. Eventually the deck will get tied in around the pool somehow, but that will probably not be 'til next summer. For now, it's going right in the middle of her clothesline (see pics). I'm going to have to dig into the slope about 22" on the high side, but it shouldn't be to bad. Not sure yet what I'm going to do for a retaining wall there. I'm leaning toward railroad ties, since that seems easiest and cheapest, but we will see. Excavation begins on Sunday (aka- fun with heavy equipment!)

Anyway, here's a few before pics. Please ignore the clothes hanging on the line! Inner white line is the 24' line for the pool.

I'll be welcoming tips, suggestions, and what the heck, abuse for my mistakes too, as this continues. I've learned a lot already from this site, and expect I'll learn more as I get into this.
2016-04-21 11.47.06.jpg2016-04-21 11.47.18.jpg

Use photo hosting site like photo bucket or something.

Looks like a nice sunny spot too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.