test kits

Aug 30, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
OK, I have a Taylor K2006. However, with being newb and having high CYA (means more drops to test a higher FC level), I'm almost out of drops for the to test chlorine. Where is the best place to buy reagents?

Also, I will be moving sometimes in June or July and may not have a pool anymore :( Would you buy the Taylor reagent or just go to WalMart and pick up something cheap?

Get the Taylor reagents. You will not be able to test FC above 5 ppm with a DPD test and you will not be able to test anything but TC (and not above 3-5 ppm) with an OTO test (which is what you will find in a cheap test kit! If you need to test high FC levels because of high CYA then you NEEd the FAS-FPF test in the K-2006!

You can order the reagents from TFTestkits, see my signature for the link (they use the same reagents!) or you can order the Taylor reagents directly from Taylor (google "Taylor Technologies" for the phone number).

I have the K-2006 as well, which I bought before finding this site, but I get my replacement reagents from TFTestkits. The bottles don't fit in the case, but I just put the refill bottles in the closet and then refill the original (smaller) Taylor bottles as needed. It's easy to pop off the tops and put them back on. Haven't had any trouble this way, and ordering from duraleigh is MUCH easier than ordering from Taylor.

I have a TF-100 and will need some more reagents soon. Was thinking of buying some larger quantity Chlorine and CYA reagents (Taylor) then the kit comes with. Have a couple of questions if I do that:

1. Are the droplet sizes the same should I buy the 2oz Taylor version?
2. If I buy a Taylor size that does not have a tip, does the TF-100 dropper come off so I can just refill the bottles I have (want to do this so it will fit in the case)?

Thanks

Both the Taylor bottles and the TF100 bottles have removable tips, so you can refill them. If you purchase bottles larger then 2 oz from Taylor they don't have dropper tips, so you have to reuse your existing bottles in that case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.