New year new sand??

Jul 1, 2015
Hill City/MN
Got a question I am using a jacuzzi sand filter just wondering on the life of the pool sand, how often does everyone changes it? Starting up this year slamming it seems to be taking longer to turn it blue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Sand has been around for millions of years. In most cases it never needs changing. There are a few, very rare times, when it might be necessary if some magic potion from a pool $tore fouls it up. But I haven't read of that happening yet.

Once your sure you have the algae killed off, and you just need to take care of cloudiness, you might consider adding a little DE to your filter.

If that sounds interesting, let us know. There is a article about the process. Pool School - Add DE to a Sand Filter

Agreed, as long as the pool store hasn't sold you some goo that glued your sand together then your 3 million year old sand will last another 100 years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.