Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Turning on SWG for the first time...

1. Back To Top    #1

Turning on SWG for the first time...

I have a jandy aquapure...

What initial value should I put the SWG on for 8 hours on a 45K pool? I know it will take some playing/tuning, but anyone have a reference point to start?
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Turning on SWG for the first time...

If you haven't tried it out before with this pool then it is pretty much a wild guess. I would start around 50% and then adjust from there. Once you have the level more or less close, give it several days between adjustments to stabilize before you take a reading and fine tune the percentage.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Turning on SWG for the first time...

I'd follow Jason's advice. It's all about setting waiting a few days then testing. During the summer, my Aquapure would be < 25% for my 21k at about 12 hours pump time. When it starts to get cooler in the fall, that drops to about 5%, the spring is a whole different animal with all the junk and pollen that falls in the pool, currently it's at 35% @~6 hours. It's still a guessing game for me. I usually only adjust it about once a week if necessary.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.