Winter Project

Jun 17, 2014
New Hampshire
Hello all, here in the NorthEast we don't get to post much pool related in the winter so this may be a bit off-topic (hopefully not too far off) but I wanted to share my pool related winter project. This room is under our master bedroom and has been studs, no electrical/HVAC or even a floor. There was also no direct access to the house until now. The french doors opened up to the pool deck so it was a great space for entertaining just waiting for some attention. I insulated, opted for shiplap vs. sheetrock, ran exposed conduit to the new lighting and fans, painted the ceiling black to make the steel frame of the room pop and everything else down to the floor. Went with LVT tile for the floor so the wet feet from the pool don't do any damage. I'm super happy with it. Totally different from the rest of the house and a great extension of the pool area.

First pic is just to give you space reference. Those french doors go to the room I'm talking about.

This is now looking into the room from the main part of the house.

I built this table from old pallets and part of an old fence I took down a few years ago.

Built the bar from the same old fence and some corrigated steel to match the roof of the bar area.

Guest towel holder from...you guessed it, old pallets that my pool pavers came shipped on last spring!

Bought some new stools and promptly took a sander to them :)

Shelby seems to be quite happy with her new

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.