Concrete by slide

The slide should be mounted on a poured concrete pad and bolted to the pad. That said there is noting in the instructions that require concrete elsewhere. Therefore you could pour a small pad under the bottom of the slide and a pad under the ladder. Those need to be large enough that they provide stable support for the slide. Then you could have dirt or grass under the slide or behind the ladder.

We have the TurboTwister slide (I think it has a bigger footprint) and assembled it so it could be placed exactly where we wanted it and the deck marked around it accordingly before the deck pour. Then the slide was moved out of the way, beyond the concrete deck, awaiting installation. This trial run placement also allowed for the stub up piping to be properly placed coming out of the concrete where the slide ladder would be.

We have the TurboTwister slide (I think it has a bigger footprint) and assembled it so it could be placed exactly where we wanted it and the deck marked around it accordingly before the deck pour. Then the slide was moved out of the way, beyond the concrete deck, awaiting installation. This trial run placement also allowed for the stub up piping to be properly placed coming out of the concrete where the slide ladder would be.

I have the Vortex and installed the slide myself. I poured three separate slabs, one for the ladder, one for the base, and one for the foot that holds the slide outlet. The instruction manual does not have measurements for the slab placement, but a few of the diagrams are good enough to figure it out using a little math. After installing the slide, a made a flagstone path up to the ladder and the rest is rock (desert landscape).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.