SWG not chlorinating-no codes.

rose62

Apr 20, 2016
Temple, Ga.
We had a new liner installed this February. After refilling, I guesstimated how much salt to add and I'm showing 3900. I have noticed inconsistent chlorine readings; Some days fine, others no chlorine at all. So I let the pump and SWG run constantly for two days. I tested the water this afternoon and no chlorine at all. No warning lights or codes at all. I just switched it to "super-chlorinate."

Ditto on the bleach! You should always use liquid chlorine to get a fast result, and then let the SWG maintain your level. If the water is still too cold the SWG might not produce.

Do you have a proper salt test kit to verify your salt level? Taylor's K-1766 is the one I swear by. I never have found strips to be accurate, but others do? I'd check your salt level first before anything else.

Please edit your signature and add the following information so we can better frame our answers to you.

The size of your pool in gallons
If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
The type filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge)
If you know, tell us the make and model of your pump and filter.
List any other equipment you have: SWG, second pump, etc.
Please mention if you fill the pool from a well or are currently on water restrictions

Information in your signature will show up each time you post. Signatures need to fit on five lines. It is fine to put several bits of information on the same line.

How old is the SWCG and any problems in the past? The 3900 salt, is that on the SWCG or test kit?

What make and model swg do you have?

Adding 720 lbs of salt to an 18 x 36 will raise the salt about 3950 ppm assuming an average depth of 4.5'.

That's going to be high for most SWGs. But some take higher salt.

When the SWG is running, take a sample from a return eyeball and test that. It should be higher than the pool chlorine. If it is, ot's working, and you likely have the beginnings of an algae bloom. Just test the pool water, then rinse out the cup and push it down upside down right in front of a return, then tilt it 90 degrees so the return is blowing straight into it. Let it flush a few seconds, then haul it out and test it.

What is your stabalizer readings? Pool stabalizer protects chlorine from the sun's UV rays. Stabalizer is like sunblock for your chlorine.Cyanuric acid is the chemical used to raise your stabalizer level. 40 ppm of stabalizer is an ideal level. Just remember too much stabalizer (100ppm) is worse then not enough. Once your stabalizer level is obtained it will never change unless you pump Water out or physically add more stabalizer.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.