Repair Advice Please

Apr 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
We bought a house that came with a pool about 5 months ago. Now that I'm starting to feel more comfortable with the water balancing side of things I would like to start figuring out what is needed to fix up the rest.

There are three main things in the immediate vicinity of the water that I would like to start with.

1. Some of the grout is missing between most of the coping tiles. Do I just fill it in with regular grout?

2. The rubber stuff between the concrete and the coping tiles needs to be repaired or replaced. Can I fix it or do I need to dig it out and replace it? FtWhat material is it?

3. Is the cover for the skimmer supposed to be flush with the ground? I feel like it's a tripping hazard with how it sticks up right now.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Ignore the bougainvillea flowers, silly me decided to take the picture before I cleaned it out.

1) I would think you can just use normal grout for the coping.

2) The rubber between the coping and deck should be dug out and removed and then a new bead of flexible caulking, like polyurethane I think, would be added.

3) That skimmer lid looks like a hack job. The rig is supposed to be embedded in concrete with the lid flush with the top of the concrete.

That looks like type N gray mortar, concrete aisle at Lowes. Dig out the caulk, put in foam backer as needed and use Sikaflex two part self leveling sealant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.