Thinking about going the stenner route

Pretty much, but it's cheaper to buy parts separate as opposed to the kit. Check out Locke Well and Pump. You can also use a different cheaper tank as many have on here. If you go with a fixed displacement pump, you need a timer that can control the main pump and the stenner individually. I used Intermatic 1125CR, as some others have done here.

I got my pump from chemworld.com no complaints, uswatersystems.com has tanks an a decent price. Many choose fixed rate pumps because apparently there is a clicking noise created by the adjustable rate pumps. Almost everyone I have seen chose the 100 psi model just to be safe the 25 psi should work but why take the chance? The only difference between the 2 is a high pressure check valve.

Not sure what you mean by Jandy controller. If you mean you have a Jandy brand control panel that has an unused relay than yes that will work fine Just have to wire it with a 120v or 240v circuit depending on the pump you by and run that to where you want to put the pump.

If by Jandy controller you mean a relay port meant to control a powered Jandy valve I think that could be maid to work. You would have to buy a 24V relay to connect the Stenner to, if that's your plan I believe those ports are 24VAC but I would want someone to confirm that.

By the way I have heard that Stenner will void the warranty if you cut the power cord to hard wire the pump. If that is a concern for you install a weather proof outlet and cover instead of hard wiring it direct.

02ab2e41997e13291206d97f8cb71a11.jpg
1ef89f4b989745d7c85934ad45cde6ba.jpg

This is my current setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the look of things you may not have a control system just the controller that came integrated into the VS pump. What is inside the big metal box is it just a breaker panel or is there some controls/timers in there?

If you end up having to buy a timer you can't go wrong with the one 440dodge440 suggested but you can also find lees expensive outdoor timers on amazon and eBay that will work. You want something that is weatherproof and digital so you can adjust the run time down to the minute, 7 day programmability is nice but probably not needed, the easiest way to set it is to run daily so you are putting the same amount in each day and then adjust up or down from there .

OK so then an extra timer will be the best bet and in that case I would get the 120V Stenner as a standard 120V timer is usually less expensiver as a 240V one. By the way many have been able to connect the stenner to a port on the bottom of their tablet feeder instead of having to tap into the PVC can't tell for sure from the picture but looks like might be possible with yours too

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think many that tie them to the pump do it to ensure they don't run when the pump is off most still add a timer to the Stenner as well. You could run it from the pump but that could cost you some flexibility when you just want to filter. A fixed rate 3GPD Stenner will put 16 oz in per hour if you want to raise your FC 2 ppm that would be 2.6 hours assuming 8.25% bleach. For most that would not be enough pump run time unless you set a very high RPM. You could wire it to run when the booster pump is on but that might be the reverse scenario running the cleaner 2.6 hours seems like overkill. A 10GPD Stenner and $20 to $40 timer will give you complete flexibility to run when you want and do the job in less than an hour . You just set the stenner to start several minutes after the start of your filter cycle that way if the timer drifts a little it will be a long time before it causes an issue.

I have my circulation pump and Stenner connected to an 1125CR. For power to the Stenner, connect to the switched power output to the circulation pump, and the neutral for the stenner should be on load 2 switch. Make sure the timer is set to independent loads (see instructions with timer). This way, even if you make a mistake programming, the stenner can never run unless there is power to the circulation pump.

On a side note since the picture is already on this post. In the 2nd pic, on the right side it shows my skimmers and main valve. If I turn off the two skimmers shouldn't the main increase? I tried it yesterday and noticed no suction in the main.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.