Thinking about going the stenner route

All my packages have arrived. Letting you know upfront, I'm a wood guy and know nothing about electrical. So that being said, do I cut the plug off the stenner and wire it to the timer and add a plug to the timer to plug into the outlet? For now, I'm just gonna run the stenner on the timer.

Ok, mine is basically an extension cord with a timer in the middle. My pool timer will run as usual on its own timer. I just want the intermatic to start 5 minutes later than the pool. I just don't known for sure which terminals to connect my out going electric to the stenner. Am I going to need to add all the jumpers to do this?

- - - Updated - - -

I pmd you if you wanna call me.

55205afc3817437a3b22b0956dbaf30f.jpg

Where i am for the last six hours!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have the 1125CR, it doesn't make sense to run the circulation pump with one timer and the Stenner with another. The 1125 will control both, and you won't risk them getting out of time with each other. If you really want to do this, I think you would need the power source to 1 &2 as you have it. Then run black from the Jandy timer to 3, white from Jandy tied to white from stenner, black from stenner to 4. This would allow one power source to the timer, but the stenner would be controlled but the Jandy circuit. I'm not an electrician either, but I think this is what needs done.....

EDIT: I just saw the picture above...there's no power on #3 to pass to #4 (there is a switch that the timer turns on between 3 &4, for the #1 load), and you don't want to switch both power and neutral of the same load- there is a switch between 5&6 that the timer turns on, for the #2 load)

No. You have no circuit running to the stenner. There must be power at #3. This will then be passed to #4 when the timer tells load 1 to turn on. #5 and 6 should not even be used if you don't have a load 2. In my wiring, the circulation pump is load 1 and stenner is load 2. In your case, it sounds like you will only use load 1. Only power (black) of load 1 is switched, neutral will be tied in to the neutral of the circuit supplying power to #3. I stress this because you might have one circuit powering the timer and one circuit powering the stenner. In my case, it's the same circuit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No! Assuming you are running a new power wire (individual circuit) to the Intermatic timer, I think you would need the power source to 1 &2 as you have it. This needs to have power constantly, as it powers the timer. It cannot be switched on/off by your other timer. To #3 run black from the Jandy timer, tapped into the same place that the circulation pump connects. This is switched power from the Jandy. This will insure the stenner never has power unless circulation pump has power. White from Jandy tied to white from stenner with a wire nut. White from stenner does not connect to the timer if the circuits are separate. Black from stenner to 4. This would allow one power source to the timer, but the stenner would be controlled but the Jandy circuit.

Thanks for all your help so far. I know your probably frustrated with explaining this for me. I really just want to run the stenner only off the 1125 for know, down the road I may change it up. So if I move the white wire from 6 to 3, will that accomplish what I'm trying to do?

I believe your Stenner model puts out .44 ounces per minutes (you need to verify this). If my math is correct, that works out to 2 hours and 50 minutes to arrive at 75 oz., calculated as follows: 75oz divided by 0.44 oz per minute = 170 minutes which is 2.84 hours, (i.e, 170 divided by 60 minutes = 2.84 hours). 2.84 is about 2 hours and 50 minutes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.