Water Balance!

melsteph

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2013
East Texas
HI!
I have been monitoring and testing water for a few weeks now. Ordered new regents and tested again last night. I run the pump/filter/SWG a couple of hours a day right now.
Here is what I got yesterday-
pH - 8+
CH- 3
CYA - 60
TA - 100
CA - 40
Water is clear.
I have an intex metal frame, 14400 gallons with a sand filter.
No shade, no leaves, on a hill in east Texas.
Let me know how I need to tweak it to keep it going smoothly!
Love this group!
Melissa

I have it all laid out for you in this:

Here are some links you will need when you are starting up a pool.

Print these out:

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Let me know if these help or not.

Kim :cat:

It is important to keep PH at 7.8 or lower at all times. When it goes above 7.8 add acid to lower it to 7.5. Let your TA drop over time as you add acid to lower the PH. It will likely settle somewhere around 60 or 70, which is fine.

Sorry, if I wasn't very clear. I am familiar with Pool School and Chemicals from previous years. I specifically am having trouble keeping pH down. I add muriatic acid almost every other day when it is not raining. That was why I was seeing if something else was wrong with my other levels. M

Try lowering your TA slowly (even to as low as 60) and see if that stabilizes your PH. I lowered mine and it stabilized my PH even with a SWG. Accomplish this by lowering your PH to 7.2 and then aerating to raise your PH and repeat with more MA until you reach your pool's happy place!

Is CA calcium? What type of pool do you have? I assume you have a vinyl liner? If so, CH (the preferred acronym for calcium) is not relevant except for your CSI value. No need to raise unless you need to raise to get your CSI into a better range. On a side note, you should raise your CYA to between 70-80 for your SWG.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.