New pool owners

Hello all. Glad I ran across your forum. We bought this house which included this great pool. Wife and I just removed the cover this weekend and have been scooping the gobs of leaves that fell in. Hopefully we get better at doing that in the future! We finally got the pool topped off and have the pump running.

I read through the ABC of chemistry post, great info there. Is there a "how to open your pool" and a daily guide for what to do each day to keep it balanced? I bought the k2006 test kit which should be coming soon. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

HI! So glad you found us! I have just the thing for you!

Here are some links you will need when you are starting up a pool.

Print these out:

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Start a thread over at Just Getting Started and we can look at pictures and get you started on the care of a pool.

You are one of the lucky ones! You found us BEFORE you went to pool store!

Make sure to hop over the the table on contents (right hand side of home page). That is where I get my links from. I think you will find a LOT of good info. there. I have a feeling you will outpace me since you are already off to such a good start-ALREADY have a test kit on the way! NICE!

Kim :cat:

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!

Please update your location in your profile to include your state or country. Climate is very important when we are helping you with your pool. Also, add your pool info to your signature so we know what we are working with when offering help. More here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post. If you need help identifying equipment post pics and we can help.

Thanks all for the responses. I updated my signature with what I know. I will head over to the introduce myself forum, and put up some pics and I have a few questions too on equipment. As far as the water it is pretty murky with a slight green tinge as expected I guess. We just got the pump turned on today so will be vacuuming it out tonight.