Newbie needs help

Apr 20, 2016
Garland, Texas
I just received a slightly used above ground pool, 14x42. I have no paperwork, instructions, or hose. I've never had an above ground pool. I had an ingot do with a saltwater systems years ago. I basically need above ground pool 101. I have a 7 year old daughter who is part fish so I want to make sure I set it up correctly with all the chemistry calls I will need, etc. Please help!' Thanks! ?

Alright you two, we need to get you in some water ASAP. Welcome to TFP! :wave: We can definitely help you with the chemistry, just make sure to plan for ordering the right test kit (TF-100 link below) before filling with water. If you go to the pool store for free testing, your checkbook will loose weight fast, and the results will be disappointing. Nothing is better than checking levels yourself, and it's easy!

As for the pool and physically getting it set-up, we may be able to give you some pointers as you go. It might help if you update your signature with any of the information of the equipment and products you currently have. Maybe post some pics too. From the Home Page "Search" feature, just type something like above ground pool build, and you should also find many threads where people posted their build in stages. Some have a link in their signature as well. That may help.

Either way, we'll do our best to help get you through it. Welcome to TFP! :swim:

Welcome to TFP. I'd also YouTube some videos using generic search words like install above ground pool and leveling yard for above ground pool. You should come up with a great starting point n direct all of your questions here to TFP.