Intex above ground pool conundrum.....

We have an Intex 18'x48 circular above ground pool. We set it up last year in a hurry without leveling, or other considerations. It's not the most level pool in the neighborhood by a long shot needless to say. We let it go to a nasty deep dark shade of green over the winter, and now I'm trying to recover it. I started shocking it to get my chlorine levels up other chemistry is fine, it's now a sickly shade of yellowish green. I just bought one of the big kits here that were recommended, cant remember the name, but it was almost 90 bucks, and I also just bought a sand filter/salt water generator system Amazon.com : Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump Garden I've got the filter and everything installed, but haven't added the salt yet.

Talking to my wife today, she mentioned that the pool was a little "crooked" and how easy would it be to level it out. Well, drain the 8800 some odd gallons of water, scrub it out, wipe it out, bring in a load of sand or fill dirt, level a pad, then re-install the pool and refill it. Try to get everything balanced again with city water and start all over, or just let it be a little crooked and start the salt process which I'm ready to do?

Course being me, crooked just gives it character, but then again, I dont want to waste all the salt and whatnot and re do it in a few months. So I guess my question is, what is ya'lls recommendation?

For what it's worth, I can generally talk my wife into accepting most anything, so her opinion won't count on the leveling issue just yet (luckily she's not a member of this site, and has no idea that I am! lol)

Oh that needs to be fixed. If you're over 2" it needs done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.