Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
The first thing I saw was this warning

Warning: Crystalplus contains copper. Excessive levels of copper, copper use not approved by Health Canada or sudden changes of pH in water can cause stains on pool surfaces. This phenomenon can also be found in pools with cement plaster, marble silicone coatings and PVC.

I have spent countless hours helping people spend even more hours and lots of money trying to get copper out of their pools and remove stains. You don't want to be next! :)

So I should toss this idea to the side along with the sneakers that are supposed to tone my body while eating pizza and washing it down with a 6 pack, just by wearing them? Understood - good catch and thanks for the input :)
also I'm glad to have found this site!

I feel one of the worst things about copper based pool chemicals (besides the staining and green hair it causes) is the fact that while copper is an effective algaecide, it does not effectively sanitize the water from bacteria and viruses which are invisible to the naked eye. With a conventionally Chlorinated pool we use the absence of algae as a visual sign that the Chlorine is at an effective level to make the water safe from most pathogens, but once you add metal ion systems, copper, etc. into the mix you may end up with clear water that is harbouring dangerous pathogens. Think of it like all those nature shows on tv warning against drinking water in the wild, even from clear running streams, just because the water is clear does not make it safe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.