Jandy check value screws spin causing suction air leak

kcindc

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 2, 2011
Fairfax, VA
So my pool closing company decided to twist my Jandy check valves when they closed the pool. I'm guessing this would allow any water intrusion to move freely.

I moved them back to the right direction and several screws just spin and I now have a suction side air leak.

Can I use something like pipe dope tape to help tighten the loose screws?

Not sure about the tape ... but something like wooden match sticks might give the screw something to bite on.

Honestly I am surprised that is allowing a leak. My solar valve on the pressure side I have run with the screws not tight and not gotten any water out. Might want to check your oring on the lid.

With your pump running smear regular silicone over the areas you believe to be leaking. If you find the air leak it will suck up the silicone and seal your leak. Continue to run your pump until the silicone sets up (24hrs)or it will just push out after you shut off the pump. Or you can cut out the bad bodies and plumb new ones in.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Match sticks were the trick! Thanks!

I also did a stupid thing after the fix. After the fix, I had another air leak and just couldn't seem to figure it out. I was afraid there was an issue with my circa 1980s flex pipe that was repaired two years ago after it was damaged when installing plumbing for an outdoor shower. I called my pool company to come help me out.

The stupid thing was adding DE while using a hair net in the skimmer. I'll blame it on my fever and Crohn's flare as I'm sure I wouldn't repeat this when healthy and sound mind, lol. In fact, I can't use the hairnets while clearing my swamp. The algae quickly seals up the hair net creating so much suction that somewhere air gets into the system, so I'll use these once I get clean.

Making great progress on my SLAM which was necessary because the delay in opening (warm winter+late spring hard freezes+health issues+plumbing issues+me adding DE through a hairnet+tears in cover = ALGAE!!!!)

Last week I removed a forest full of trees that overhung my pool and can't wait to see how much easier it will be to maintain my pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.